Look at me, i’m six months old!
Sophie got to that milestone on Friday – I can’t believe how quickly the time has flown by. It seemed to take forever for Alex to hit six months, but this time round, time’s vanished. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m more relaxed this time round, if it’s because she’s an easier little baby or because I know this is the last time I’ll be on maternity leave. Anyway, here she is then and now:
I feel like I should jot down things I love about Sophie at six months before she changes and I forget the little things. I’ll probably add to this list, but here’s a start. I love:
- The huge smile that greets you when you go into her room in the morning or after a nap – she literally looks completely delighted to see you and totally refreshed from her sleep. I wish I looked like that in the morning!
- How she sleeps in that gorgeous baby way with her arms at the sides of her head.
- Her smile in general – I am amazed daily by what a happy baby she is. She grins at everyone and makes even the grumpiest strangers smile. Love it!
- How she flaps her arms wildly when excited (often wacking us in the head when we’re carrying her!).
- How she sometimes stops feeding just to look at me and give me a grin.
- How fascinated she is in her feet – often holding them both and chomping on her toes. When she’s having a really good feed, she really curls her toes.
- Her completely crazy hair (always the first thing strangers comment on when they meet her)
- Her breathy giggle – revealed usually when raspberries are blown on her tummy, when Alex makes silly noises and when she’s tickled. I must try and video it
- The anticipation she shows in her face when you do “Round and round the garden” or “This little piggy” on her tummy and toes.
- How she loves blowing raspberries herself now (and likes to do it nicely inappropriate times when you’re mid conversation with someone)
- The shock on her face when she suddenly manages to roll right over on her mat – it still surprises her sometimes!
- How fascinated she is with her big brother – she finds him hilarious, even when he’s climbing all over her! I can’t wait to see them grow up together and interact more (will probably regret saying that when they’re fighting and arguing!)
My gorgeous girl 🙂