Just a v quick picture post as this was just too cute at bedtime tonight!
At bedtime, the boys usually snuggle up in the spare bed in Alex’s room whilst I give Sophie her final feed in her room. They read stories together (often several times in one sitting). Tonight, when I joined them, I found them reading “Guess how much I love you” – apparently a real children’s classic, but one which I only came across when we received it as a gift. I couldn’t resist taking a few pictures as they acted out the story together.
“I love you this much” – stretching out their arms as wide as they can go:
“I love you as high as I can reach”:
I love reading with Alex – he’s quite particular about what we read every evening, making very careful (and time consuming) selections. His current favourites are:
- We’re going on a bear hunt
- The Highway Rat (and most other Julia Donaldson books)
- Hairy MacLary
- The Hungry Caterpillar (mostly so he can look at all the yummy food and tell me how much he likes chocolate cake and ice cream)
- Lark in the Ark
- The Lamb who came to Dinner
- Aliens in underpants / Dinosaurs in underpants (!)
- Commotion in the Ocean and Rumble in the Jungle
He’s getting on really well with learning his letters – he can sing the whole alphabet now and recognise “A, L, E, X and S”. in writing Few more to go!